Support once your EHCP finishes

Adult education and training

There are a range of adult education and training options available to you after your EHCP has ended. You can speak with a TIAG advisor who can support you with discussing your options. You could also contact Adult Skills and Community Learning on 01226 775270 or visit their web page as well as Northern College on 01226 776000 or their web page.

Community groups and clubs

Live well Barnsley is a directory that includes a range of clubs and groups for young people and adults with learning or physical difficulties, which you could get involved in.


For housing support to be able to live either fully independent or as independent as possible, visit Barnsley FSD.

Health and wellbeing

Barnsley adult learning disability health service: If you require help and support with your health and wellbeing, please contact on 01226 645237 or visit the NHS website.

Continuing healthcare: If you feel you require ongoing healthcare as an adult due to your health needs, you can speak to a member of the Barnsley continuing healthcare team regarding CHC please contact 01226 433634 or by the Barnsley CCG email. You can also find more information on the Barnsley CCG website.

Independence and social services

Social service support: If you feel you require support with being independent due to a learning difficulty or a physical difficulty, you can contact adult social services on 01226 773300 or visit Barnsley Council's website for more information.