Sexual Violence Support Groups
- Barnsley Sexual Abuse and Rape Crisis Services is the only group in Barnsley offering specialist services to people whose lives have been affected by rape, sexual abuse, sexual assault or any kind of sexual violence.
Contact BSARS on 01226 320140.
- IDAS is the largest specialist charity in Yorkshire supporting people affected by domestic abuse and sexual violence.
Contact North Yorkshire and Barnsley helpline on 03000 110 110.
Homelessness Support Groups
- Help 4 Homeless - Housing and Accommodation for ex-armed forces and veterans based in South Yorkshire.
Contact Help 4 Homeless on 01226 727059, Address 105 Grange Rd, Royston, Barnsley S71 4LG.
- Action for Barnsley Homeless is a volunteer group which holds weekly soup kitchens and provides food and shelter for the homeless. Contact Action for Barnsley Homeless on 07762 823720, Address Pitt Street, S70 1AW.
- Barnsley Churches Drop-in run a drop-in three times a week providing hot and cold food and drinks to the homeless, alcoholics, substance users and impoverished in Barnsley. Contact Barnsley Churches drop in on 01226 321877.
- Crisis offer one to one support, advice and courses for homeless people in 12 areas across England, Scotland and Wales. Contact Crisis South Yorkshire - 0114 317 7300.
- The Housing Options Team can provide advice, help and support for anyone who is homeless, could become homeless in the near future or has a housing problem they need to resolve. Contact the Housing Options Team on 01226 773870.
- Barnsley Housing Options Advice and Homelessness Prevention offer support and help whether you're homeless or worried about becoming homeless. Contact the Housing Options team on 01226 773870, Address Civic Hall, Eldon Street, Barnsley, S70 2JL.
- Barnsley Foodbank. offer support with food and supplied, Call Barnsley foodbank on 07741 414810, address Unit 14 Aldham Industrial Estate, Wombwell, S73 8HA.
Substance Misuse Support Groups
- Barnsley Recovery Steps are an integrated drug and alcohol recovery service for Barnsley. Contact Barnsley Recovery Steps on (01226) 779066, address 5-6 Burleigh Court, Burleigh Ct, Burleigh St, Barnsley S70 1XY.
- NHS - substance misuse service deliver a range of substance misuse interventions to help people address their drug and, or alcohol issues. Contact the Substance misuse service on (01226) 435860, address: 9-10 Burleigh Court, Burleigh St, Barnsley, S70 1XY.
Family/Carer/Young parent Support
- Barnsley's Families Information Service (FIS) provides free and confidential information and advice
Use FIS to help you: apply for support to help to pay for childcare, find Ofsted registered childcare, find fun things to do including local clubs or activities, support you with employment advice, childcare career choices including how to become a childminder and with information and advice for young people with SEND.Contact Barnsley FSD on 0800 0345 or email email@example.com or follow Barnsley Families Information Service.
- Barnsley Family Centres offer services for families from pre-birth to up to 19 years (25 if the young person has a disability). What we offer will vary in each community but you can access any of our family centres regardless of where you live.
Through groups, activities and much more
the service can support your children to be ready for school and thrive in school, support parents and carers to develop their parenting skills, support families to build resilience, support with healthy lifestyles and opportunities to meet other families and share experience. Contact Barnsley Family centres on 0800 0345 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Barnsley OCD group offers people living with OCD and their family members, friends and carers the chance to come together in a supportive and welcoming space. Contact Barnsley OCD group on 07775471635, address : Tesco Extra Community Room, Wombwell Lane, Stairfoot, S70 3NS.
- Beacon South Yorkshire provides a range of services supporting carers across South Yorkshire who are caring for people with disabilities, mental health, dementia, substance misuse, or who are elderly. Contact Beacons on (01226) 814012, address 19 Doncaster Rd, Barnsley S70 1TH.
- Barnardo’s give young carers extra support to make sure their caring responsibilities don't stop them from learning, staying healthy or enjoying their childhood. Contact Barnados on (01226) 770619.
- Barnsley Carers Service is a new, free to access service, here to support you in your role as an unpaid carer. Location: Priory Campus, Pontefract Road, S71 5PN. Contact Barnsley Carers Service on (01226) 288772.
- Family Lives offer support you're pregnant or a new mum and live in the Central Barnsley area, Family Lives can support you and your family through the ups and downs of family life. Contact Family lives on 07971 253308 or email LesleyB@familylives.org.uk.
Mental Health/Wellbeing Support Groups
- Rotherham & Barnsley Mind is an independent local provider of high-quality mental health services in Rotherham, Barnsley and its surrounding areas. Contact Barnsley Rotherham Mind on (01226) 211188, address Arcadia House, 72 Market Street, Barnsley.
- Creative Recovery is a people-led charity that uses creativity to support Recovery, boost wellbeing and bring about social change in Barnsley and across Yorkshire. Contact Barnsley recovery steps on 01226 805885
- Samaritans is a registered charity aimed at providing emotional support to anyone in emotional distress, struggling to cope, or at risk of suicide often through their telephone helpline. Contact Samaritans on 116 123/0800 1111, address: 77 Pitt Street West Barnsley South Yorkshire S70 1BN.
- The mental health access team aims to improve access to psychological therapy and recovery focussed treatment for people with mild to moderate anxiety and depression. Contact the NHS mental health team on 01336 644900, address: Mental Health Access Team Rose Tree Avenue, Cudworth, Barnsley, S72 8UA.
- The Together service offers support in the community for individuals who have an individual budget or are self-funding. Contact the Together Service on (01226) 770 895, address Room 31 Priory Campus Pontefract Road Barnsley S71 5PN.
- Citizens Advice Barnsley provide advice and information on a wide range of issues from our town centre premises and also at a range of other locations throughout the borough. Contact CAB Barnsley on 03444 111444, address 1st Floor, Wellington House, 36 Wellington Street, Barnsley, S70 1WA.
- Barnsley Cooper House Jobcentre Plus are trained to help you through any queries you may have regarding employment and training. Contact Barnsley Cooper House Job Centre plus on 0800 169 0190, address Cooper House, 59 Peel Street, Barnsley, S70 2RL.
- Barnsley Adult Skills and Community Learning offer educational courses which improve your employability and training in a variety of topics/subjects. Contact Adult SKills on (01226) 775270, address Wellington House 2nd Floor, Market Street, Barnsley S70 1WA.
Young Person’s Support Groups
- Barnsley Youth Offending Team works to identify suitable programmes to address the needs of young people with the intention of preventing further offending. Contact Barnsley Youth Offending team on (01226) 774 986, address Crookes Street, Pontefract Road, Lundwood, S70 6BX.
- Barnsley’s Young Person’s Service offers advice and support for any young person with an alcohol or substance misuse issue. Call 01226 705 980, address: McLintocks Building, 1st Floor, YOT, Crookes Street, S70 6BQ.