The future world of work will be exciting, innovative, dynamic and you are an important part of that future. It’s important that you are equipped with the skills, knowledge, experience and drive to help you fulfill your potential.
It’s equally important that when you are making decisions about your future career you are aware of the opportunities locally, regionally, nationally and internationally!
The 10 competences
We asked businesses in Barnsley what 10 skills they look for in any future employee.
If you fancy being your own boss, then self-employment may be an option for you. You will need to think about:
- What are you passionate about?
- Who will be your customers?
- Is there a market for your products or services?
- Where and how will you run your business?
- What is the competition?
- If you need to borrow money to set up the business, you will need a well-written business plan.