About this Course
Our Workskills programme is designed for young people who are unsure of what direction to follow, and offers additional support and employability skills to provide you with a platform for further study or employment. As part of this programme, you will complete taster sessions in some of the colleges vocational areas, such as Catering and Hospitality, Sport, and IT, to support you in finding an area of interest. The programme has two pathways depending on your existing skillset:
- Skills for Further Learning and Employment Entry Level 3
- Skills for Further Learning and Employment Level 1
What will I study?
- Career planning
- Vocational tasters
- Personal development including sport and cooking
- Work placement
Why study here?
- Opportunity to sample a range of different vocational courses, such as Catering and Hospitality, Sport and IT
- Access to excellent vocational facilities including our training kitchen, horticulture allotments, IT suites and specialist sports facilities
- Participation in external visits and in-college events and projects selling produce from our kitchens and allotments
- Teaching by specialist tutors
- Support with training, development and job coaching
What are the entry requirements?
There are no entry requirements for this qualification.
How to apply?
If you live in Rotherham or Sheffield and are in Year 11 at school, you can apply using the UCAS Progress application service. You will need login details from your school. Please ask your teacher for more information.
You can apply using our online application form and clicking the Next Step button at the top of this page
For more information support with your enquiry or application please contact Student Services by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org or by calling 01709 513355.
What courses can I progress onto?
- Full-time course
What career pathways are available?
- Call Centre
- Sales Assistant
- Cleaner in primary schools
- Grounds worker in a care home
How will I be assessed?
Your course assessments may include:
- Work Placement Assessments