Work strategically with a school by becoming an Enterprise Adviser
- Are you strategic, well connected and interested in helping young people to prepare for the world of work?
- Can you volunteer for a few hours per month over a period of a year, working with the headteacher and the senior leadership team to advise, inform and share your connections?
- Then you could become part of the Enterprise Adviser Network which is creating powerful, lasting connections between local businesses and the schools and colleges in Barnsley and the Sheffield City Region.
- Benefits for you and your organisation are to:
- Become part of a regional and national network of forward-thinking employers
- Help to shape and grow your future talent stream
- Share your passion and help young people to achieve their goals
Enterprise Advisers (EAs) are volunteers drawn from businesses who will work directly with the school’s leadership team to develop effective employer engagement plans. They will work with other local businesses to equip young people with the skills they need.
Each EA will be allocated one school or college and will be supported by a full time Enterprise Coordinator. The scheme is supported by the national Careers and Enterprise Company, an organisation launched by the government to help schools and colleges link with more employers.
Interested? If so, you will be carefully matched to a local school or college by an Enterprise Coordinator who will continue to support you. Barnsley’s Enterprise Coordinator is Richard Shaw who can be contacted on email@example.com or 01226 773437.
To find out more, visit www.enterpriseadviserSCR.org.uk