I Know I Can Young Volunteers is for young people aged 11+ and is a great way to:
- meet new friends
- learn new skills
- build confidence
- develop your CV Whilst giving something back!.
- For more information contact Emma Baines on 01226 753406 or email IKICYoungVolunteers@barnsley.gov.uk
Voluntary and Third Party Opportunities
Want to gain experience at a value driven organisation that is motivated by improving public welfare, the environment and economy?
You can now view a range of Voluntary and Third Party Opportunities in your local community using our website. Meet new people, gain experience and find your route to employment.
Alternatively why not check out www.volunteerinbarnsley.co.uk .
Voluntary Action Barnsley
- If you are aged 14 or above, you can get involved and volunteer through the Barnsley Volunteer Centre.
- The Volunteer Centre has lots of opportunities, so why not contact Dan, Janet or Beryl to make an appointment on 01226 320100.
- They will arrange to meet you for a chat about your interests and your plans for the future and how volunteering can help you achieve your aims.
- Once you are aged 16 or over you will be able to volunteer for Barnsley BEST, which has lots of volunteering opportunities that will help you get involved in your community, put your skills to good use and meet new people. You can volunteer for all sorts of roles at sports clubs and at community and cultural events, for example marshals, stewards, coaches, promotions officers and many more… Email: BEST@barnsley.gov.uk for more information.
- Join in at the Barnsley YMCA, whether you are looking for something to do, interested in becoming a member, want to find out about the past, or anything in between. Get in touch on 01226 214165. Find out more about their Young Volunteers, which you could be a part of.
- If you are aged 11-19, then why not join your local Healthwatch – Children and Young People Champions Group.
Contact Jade on 01226 320106 / 07561023731 / firstname.lastname@example.org Healthwatch will let you have your say on Health and Social Care Services in Barnsley and make a difference for all the young people of Barnsley.
Global and National Issues
There are lots of ways you can influence global and national issues that interest you.
A good place to start would be your local Youth Participation Worker or Youth Council.
There’s also a national youth parliament, and other organisations, like the ones we’ve included here, will also be able to point you in the right direction:
- British Youth Council
- Citizenship Foundation
- UK Youth Parliament
National Volunteering Opportunities
There are also national avenues that you can explore at the following links below: