If you live in South Yorkshire and are aged between 16-18, from 1st July you can apply for the 16-18 Travel Pass regardless of if you’re a student, apprentice, or in work!
- Now available to ALL 16-18 year olds in South Yorkshire.
- Cheaper travel for work, school, college or leisure.
- Travel for just 80p per journey on bus or tram and half fare on Northern trains.
- Travel anytime, anywhere in South Yorkshire.
- Valid through Summer months so you can enjoy cheaper travel in August.
- Access money saving tickets for young people.
What you will need to apply:
- A recent passport standard photo – please see the photo guidance as an unsuitable photo could delay your application. You can use your phone to take this if you are applying online.
- Proof of age such as (you can find a full list of documents accepted on our ‘What you need to apply’ guidance page:
- Passport identifier – the 28 characters on the bottom line of your passport e.g. 1041211587GBR0205169F1604120
- Driving licence number e.g. COOKS854018SL9KU04
- Copy of a document stating your date of birth such as your birth certificate, NHS medical card or prescription, the letter that came with your National Insurance Number or any other official letter that states your date of birth.
- You must provide a valid South Yorkshire address on the application
If all the details are correct we aim to dispatch your pass within seven days of receiving your completed online application.