Over 170 students visited Barnsley's local workplaces as part of Work Inspiration Week 2019. The students went to a range of exciting employers to get a first-hand experience of working life.
Many local businesses were excited at the opportunity to inspire their potential future workforce.
Some of the local providers and activities included were:
- Barnsley Football Club who invited students to a press conference
- Berneslai homes who gave students construction challenges
- Barnsley College who taught pupils about recruitment, IT, finance and marketing
- Barnsley council's museum service who showcased what it takes to look after the parkland at Cannon Hall
- students who planned to build a school with environmental consultants at Enzygo
- MKB solicitors who challenged students to come up with advice for a case
- The Source who worked to explore opportunities in retail and took the young people 'behind the scenes' at Meadowhall
Contact SEE support online for more information on how you can get involved.